Your HVAC system puts in overtime during the harsh winter months, which often results in quite an expensive bill. Here are some easy ways to cut back on cost and energy this season:
1. Roll up a bath towel and place underneath your doors that tend to be drafty. This will keep the cold air out of rooms and decreases your energy usage from 5-30%.
2. Reverse the direction of your ceiling fans. This will push warm air downward.
3. Clean your furnace filter monthly during winter for an increase in airflow and look into purchasing a permanent filter that will trap at least 88% of debris.
4. Move your furniture around if any pieces are blocking vents.
5. Inspect your attic; you will need at least 12 inches of insulation to ensure the heat won’t escape through the roof.